Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day of the Dead

Heya Crafters!

I know all that has been on my crafty brain lately has been my Halloween costume. How about you? My fella, John, and I are doing a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) couple costume. The Day of the Dead is a Mexican holiday at the beginning of November when they honor and celebrate their dead. People celebrate by dressing up as skeletons, making shrines with toys and favorite foods of the dead, cleaning their graves, and often eating meals and spending time there. The skeleton is a HUGE symbol of Dia de los Muertos.

He is wearing a black suit, straw cow boy hat, and bolo tie (New Mexico's official state neck wear, no joke) and I, a black dress and a great headdress I made from orange and purple flowers. And we are totally going all out with our skull makeup. I haven't used my stage makeup skills to this level since college and I am salivating at the prospect. I'm working on our accents now (with process and party pictures to come next week).

Here is a picture of John and I a few years ago, dressed as Boy Scouts. And Elizabeth May, my parents hoggy doggie. She often tries to steal the center of attention. Enjoy!

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment