Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SYTYC: Week Two


Calling all Disney Nerds!

Last week's So You Think You're Crafty theme was Thrift Store and I made the kitschy Disney Jewelry.


You know how people say we spend a third of our life sleeping? I feel like I spend a third of my time in thrift stores. I buy almost all of my clothes there and it makes me feel pretty good about my carbon footprint (it balances out my long showers). 

This week's challenge was a doozy since I alter almost all of the clothes I buy on the cheap. Not wanting to rest on my laurels, I decided to stretch my muscles and make some fun, kitschy jewelry; enter the toy section!

The round Mickey head cut outs are game pieces from a Disney Trivial Pursuit-like game and Slinky Dog and Mickey are toys. Add a fake pearl necklace from the thrift store, some ribbons I had, and findings I grabbed at the hard wear store down the street. TA DA! Disney Magic ala two necklaces, a choker, and a brooch.

Don't forget to vote for me in Week Three. Think about keeping me "number one"!

BK



No comments:

Post a Comment