Thursday, May 31, 2012

SYTYC: Week 5

Hey Up-Cyclers!

Don't get confused but I ran out of time to post this So You Think You're Crafty submission when I actually made it. And it is my favorite project of my crafts in the competition! I've been wearing it since the second it was done! I AM STILL VOTED OFF. Stay tuned though, I've got some really interesting projects up my sleeves for the summer....

On So You Think You're Crafty, I made the Up-Cycled Skirt -to-Purse! I've had this skirt for a year now; donated by a friend who thought I'd be able to do something with it. I have been looking for a new sack purse to carry all my summer goodies and just couldn't find anything that was quite right. Plus I've been looking to down size all my craft stock for a move so this theme came at just the right time.




This skirt has a ruched top and three different patterns on the fabric (floral, striped and asian-y). I immediately cut off the ruching, made a quick pattern out of a magazine page for my bag, and cut the floral section lengthwise into strips for the strap (no pattern). I have been using this purse since I made it and have been getting compliments all over the place. I really like the way the horizontal strap accentuates my waist.

Can you tell I was having issues with my camera? Not the most flattering camera work I've ever done but, everyone has battery issues/off weeks. I'm pretty sure my pictures for Week 6: Sunshine on So You Think You're Crafty make up for it.

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment