Monday, February 13, 2017

Back in the hot seat again!

I am not the kind of girl who thinks you need to wait until New Years Eve to make a big change. But I do like to use the new year to fine tune my hobbies. A few years ago I made it my goal to read a book a week. Which seems ambitious but it helped me assess how I was using my free time. Like "Hey Brittany, how long have you been on facebook? Do you think this time would be better spent with your nose in a book?"

The stack of fabric waiting to be pants and jumpers!
So I have decided that this year I want to make and alter more of my own clothes. I have done pretty well buying clothing from thrift stores and altering them to fit my figure but I have seriously slacked on the alterations that ended up in a pile in my closet-re: loose buttons, worn spots, broken zippers. And I cannot ever remember the last time I made something from scratch for my closet!

I've decided to blog through 2017 to keep myself honest and to remember what I learned! Let's be honest 365 days is a long time. I'll certainly forget stuff!

I started by pinning like crazy! I posted pictures of fashion I dig with no patterns under Get Dressed! and pictures of fashion with patterns under Sew What. I bought a few of those patterns that haven't any buttons or zippers. Let's start easy! And they are mostly wrapped garments and jumpers. I've got specific tastes.

I'm so jazzed! I have already stacked the To Sew list! 

BK


No comments:

Post a Comment