Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bar to Liquid: A Soap Journey

Hey Dirty Crafters,

I saw a tutorial on how to turn a bar of soap into liquid soap and when my mom gave me a bar of great smelling soap, I decided this was right up my alley.

I used Savvy Housekeeping's tutorial for making bar soap into liquid soap. They make it look very easy. Start with a bar of soap, glycerin, and an empty liquid soap dispenser. When I shaved my soap, the flakes were slightly bigger than Savvy Housekeeping, and I ended up using 3 cups of water (instead of 10) and the entire bar. As it heated up and started to melt, I was worried about the consistency. My final product ended up being a very thick soap without suds. I'm not sure I would try this craft again with more water because I need those suds to tell me my hands are getting clean and I don't think adding more water is going to help that.

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment